To add an accessory to the waciao app, use your iOS device such as iPhone or iPad. (You can't add accessories to the Home app on Mac.) Before you set up your accessory, check these things first:
- Make sure that it's powered on and nearby.
- Check your accessory’s manual to see if it needs additional hardware to work with HomeKit.
- Open the waciao app and tap "Add Accessory" or .
- Use the camera on your iOS device to scan the eight-digit HomeKit code or QR code on the accessory.
- When your accessory appears, tap it. If asked to Add Accessory to Network, tap Allow.
- Name your accessory and assign it to a room to help you identify it in the Home app and control it with Siri.
- Tap Next, then tap Done.